IIE-SRF Fellowship 2022/2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Applications are invited from interested and eligible applicants for the 2022 IIE-SRF Fellowship Programme.
This article covers the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, eligibility and requirements, closing date, and more.
- Host Institution(s): IIE-SRF
- Study in: Host Partners
- Study level: PhD (Doctoral)
- Nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
Description of IIE-SRF Fellowship 2022
In 2002, the trustees of the IIE dedicated themselves to making rescue scholars a continuous part of the Institute’s job, and Dr. Henry Jarecki, Dr. Henry Kaufman, and Mr. Thomas Russo established the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF). Protecting endangered researchers and students has been at the heart of IIE’s mission for a long time since it was founded in 1919. From the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising, IIE has shown its dedication to defend the right to liberty of thought and the pursuit of information.
The IIE-SRF fellowship award covers:
- A grant of up to US$25,000
- individual health insurance
- A visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year).
- The final fellowship amount is dependent upon several factors, including the location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution of other source(s).
These are eligibility requirements for IIE-SRF Fellowship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Professors, senior researchers, and public intellectuals from any country, academic field, or discipline may qualify.
- Applications are reviewed for academic qualifications, the quality/potential of the applicant’s work, and the severity of the threats that the applicant faces.
- Preference is given to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and/or who have extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- are facing or have recently fled from immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment and promise;
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
How to Apply for IIE-SRF Fellowship
Please follow below steps to avail IIE-SRF Fellowship:
(1). Applicants may apply directly or may have a third party submit application materials on their behalf. The required application materials include:
- Application coversheet
- Academic statement. Please provide a thorough statement detailing your academic and professional background and experience.
- Current CV or resume.
- Personal statement. Please provide a thorough statement explaining why you are applying to IIE-SRF for support.
- Two (2) academic / professional letters of reference from academic and/or professional colleagues who can speak to your research, publications, teaching, or other advanced academic experience.
- Two (2) personal letters of reference from colleagues or persons who are aware of the difficulties that you have been facing as well as your professional background. When possible, please have your referees compose their letters on official letterhead and send them to IIE-SRF directly at [email protected].
- A copy of your Ph.D. or higher degree
- Samples of your most current writing or research publications.
- A letter from an accredited institution of higher learning that may be able to host your fellowship. This is not a requirement.
(2). Please submit all application materials via email (preferred), fax, or post.
(3). Letters may be addressed to:
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3580
IIE-SRF Fellowship Application Deadline: All year round (Open)
Visit the Official Scholarship Page
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.